Torino 0 – 5 Napoli | Stats and MOTM

Home Forums Napoli Football Forum Torino 0 – 5 Napoli | Stats and MOTM

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gennaro Episcopo Gennaro Episcopo 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ken Cioffredi
    Ken Cioffredi
    Participant

Something new here! I want to try to look back on previous matches with some flair for the statistics. Major and minor, just to give everyone some more insight on our beloved Napoli:

Napoli’s major statistics at Torino:

Possession: 59%

Completes Passes: 618/685 (90% completion rate)

Shots taken: 15(6 on target)

Bonus Stat!: The 5 goals against Torino this week put Napoli’s season goal tally at 107 in all competitions, which marks a new record for the club.

Man of the Match:

Jose Callejon (2 goals, 1 assist)

Our “Iron Man” was the man of the match in my opinion. Callejon completed 40 of 41 passes (98% completion rate), tallied two goals, and one assist in the match against Torino. Also, his brilliant through pass to Mertens set up Insigne’s goal as well. Callejon also added 8 ball recoveries (tied with Insigne for most in the match), and made 2 tackles. Torino had absolutely no answer for him, and he abused both Carlao and Molinaro on the left side of Torino’s defensive set up. This is one of those matches where all of those little details that make Callejon great really shone through beautifully.

Who do you guys think was Man of the Match against Torino? I’d love to hear from you all!

Profile photo of Gennaro Episcopo
    Gennaro Episcopo
    Keymaster

I have to agree. All three up front were incredible but Callejon was stunning. Everyone was above par with the exception of Ghoulam maybe who was great attacking but almost had two costly defensive errors. We look like an unstoppable force when we have so many players on good form like that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.