Sampdoria Vs Napoli 5.28.17 | Match preview

Home Forums Napoli Football Forum Sampdoria Vs Napoli 5.28.17 | Match preview

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gennaro Episcopo Gennaro Episcopo 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gennaro Episcopo
    Gennaro Episcopo
    Keymaster

Sampdoria-Napoli

Napoli’s hopes for direct qualification to next year’s Champions League campaign will come down to the final matchday of the Serie A season as the Azzurri travel north to Genoa to take on Sampdoria at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris on Sunday. The match time has been moved to 12 pm Eastern so that it takes place at the same time as Roma – Genoa, the other match critical in determining the other Italian side to join Juventus in a direct path to the Champion League group stage. The Azzurri will be hoping that their gemelli from Genoa will be able to steal points away from Roma though the rossoblu have already secured Serie A safety and will be playing for nothing other than pride and the desire to do their brothers in blue an immense favor.

Here is my expected formation for the match:
    Reina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Jorginho, Hamsik; Callejon, Mertens, Insigne

Jorginho is currently suffering from a fever but I imagine he will be OK to go for Sunday’s match while Allan is still practicing apart from the rest of the group due to a muscle strain and is in greater doubt after having missed last weekend’s match against Fiorentina. We’ll have a better idea leading up to the match about both of their availability.

Feel free to give your thoughts about the formation or anything else regarding the lead up to this final match!

Profile photo of Joseph m
    Joseph m
    Participant

I personally think it will be mertens, insigne callejon hamsik, zelinski, jorginho goulham , albiol, hysaj and kalidou… I think this will be a great game and im sad this will be the last game of the season. also , I wont be able to attend the sunday event in NYC, I live 40 mins in westchester but im in the hamptons for the summer, and I hope you guys will be doing more of these events around nyc. I really do like pavoletti and I hope he gets a start when we have the lead vs sampadoria… Forza Napoli, Sempre napolifootball and Forza Semprepodcast

Gennaro Episcopo
    Keymaster

Thank you for your support Joseph! It means a lot to us!

Unfortunately (but maybe lucky for you!) we’ve had to postpone the jersey giveaway until the start of next season because of the time change. The pizzeria we were scheduled to host the event at won’t be open at the new time so maybe you will get your chance to win the jersey after all!

I hope to organize a few similar events next year. Let’s see how things go. Forza Napoli!

Profile photo of Stefano
    Stefano
    Participant

That’s gonna be one hell of a game!
    Two teams who like to play and have a strong attacking style.

Sadly, it’s very hard we’ll get to the second place but I’m going to enjoy every minute of this game. Napoli of this season deserved it.

Forza ragazzi! C’mon guys!

Profile photo of Ken Cioffredi
    Ken Cioffredi
    Participant

I think we go this formation:

Reina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Jorginho, Hamsik; Callejon, Mertens, Insigne

Hope Dries gets 2 goals and the scoring title….and second place!

Gennaro Episcopo
    Keymaster

Let’s hope for a final matchday miracle! Let’s go Azurri + Rossoblu!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.