Overcoming Adversity- Lorenzo Insigne

Home Forums Napoli Football Forum Overcoming Adversity- Lorenzo Insigne

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Manganiello Mark Manganiello 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Manganiello
    Mark Manganiello
    Participant

Napoli star Lorenzo Insigne recently told to UEFA.com about the struggles throughout his career and some striking memories. He revealed that he almost quit football as he was too short. “They used to say I had some talent, but was too short. At one point, I wanted to quit football, as the scouts all told me the same thing and I thought I might be incapable to continue. Then I was given a chance with Napoli and it went well.” He claimed that any player who represents their hometown will always run into problems. “Being the only Neapolitan in the squad, it can happen that the fans expect something more from me. I remember when I was a child and there were 70,000 fans in the Stadio San Paolo for a Serie C game. You don’t see that anywhere else.”

The most beautiful goal that he recounts is scoring against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu last season that gave his team the lead- “For a Neapolitan, wearing the Napoli jersey, it’s not something that happens every day. I hope that other young Neapolitans can, like me, make these childhood dreams come true.” Insigne has developed into an extraordinary player at Napoli and with the national team. He plays very well into the Sarri system and has proven himself to be one of the top players in Europe. As he was previously linked to Barcelona, Insigne showed his loyalty to Napoli by wanting to remain at the club and does not seem to be lured away by the money of bigger clubs. His loyalty on and off the pitch reveals his ambitions to win trophies with the Partenopei which is clear amongst his teammates this season.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.